Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mod Mini Skirt Project: Purple Psychedelic Fabric


Here's the next installment in my mod mini skirt project. As I said before, all mini skirts were made with Simplicity 7699 from 1968. I'm not going to do a full highlight reel for this and most of the subsequent mini-skirts. Since the projects have been simple and successful, there's not much to report.


The fabric I used was a vintage polyester double knit from "acafterglow" on Etsy. The print on the fabric is abstract and very psychedelic. It was perfect for a mini-skirt, because I wasn't so sure I'd wear a full dress with this print.


As you can see from the pictures, I had a lot of fabric left over. I'm hoping to take my leftover vintage fabrics and make them into both fabric belts and neck-ties. More on that in the near future.


That's all for now.

Happy Sewing!
Astrid

6 comments: