Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mod Mini Skirt Project: Burgundy Houndstooth

Not sure what is going on here but my husband
really likes what he calls "action shots"
(ABOVE)

Closeup of the burgundy houndstooth
(ABOVE)

I know my photos are kind of "posey" but my husband gets irritated when I
stand like I'm taking a mugshot... sigh... I'll never be Lindsay Lohan
(ABOVE)

It's getting to the point of craziness with my skirt project. I enjoy the project so much that yesterday I reached the number 20. Yep, I have made 20 skirts so far. I know that's a little excessive, but I figure if I'm enjoying it, I should embrace the excess. I hope all of you in the blogosphere will embrace the excess as well : - ) I swear I have completed projects in my queue that aren't skirts-- I simply haven't gotten to posting them yet.

This post pictures a recent skirt project-- made with that same pattern that I've been reusing.

The burgundy houndstooth skirt is a vintage polyester bought from "sosovintage" on Etsy.

Necklace is by Sarah Coventry. I wish I had closeup. One of my favorites.
(ABOVE)

I was pleased with how it turned out, and as I've previously mentioned, I recently found a cool new way to style these skirts that makes them even more mod than they look in these pictures. More on that as soon as I get a chance to take some more pictures.

Clicking on the picture will provide a closeup of the print/skirt shape
(ABOVE)

I'd like to add that sewing vintage polyester is a dream. I've had no issues with it bunching or causing any other sewing snafus. I really enjoy sewing it.

If you bring those pinking shears anywhere near my skirt...
(ABOVE)

So, what's your "sewing style"? Clearly, mine is finding a pattern I like and then going crazy with it.

All for now.

Happy sewing!
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment