Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mod Mini Skirt Project: Cat's Eye Fabric






Just when you thought it was safe....another mod mini skirt! Did you really think the madness ended? Nope, it didn't. It just got supplemented by some dress projects (more of those to come soon).


When I find a great fabric in low yardage, there's not a whole lot to do with it, except make a skirt. Besides, a lot of prints don't translate as well into dresses. They may be "too much" (so to speak) and overwhelm my relatively short (5'4") stature.


So, I found this great vintage "cat's eye" (that's what it looks like to me) fabric in a low yardage on eBay and I had to have it. I'm not sure what the material is made of, but it's definitely not polyester. It's probably some sort of cotton blend-- it might have even been intended to be an upholstery fabric.


Whatever the case, it wasn't too stiff or scratchy. It could be done, and I did it. I made a skirt. Yep, big shocker! Ha ha!


Happy sewing and more to come soon!
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. I love the fabric you used for this, really jolly and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Astrid! Fantastic blog! I also love 60s clothes. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations :)

    xx Lily

    ReplyDelete