Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mod Mini Skirt Project: Purple Textured Polyester





Have been very lazy about sewing lately. It seems that as my social life improves, my sewing life goes to pot. Ah, well, such is life. We only have so many hours in a day.


I did want to share another mini-skirt project that I completed. I made this purple mini skirt out of a vintage polyester that I found online. The texture kind of reminds me of stucco. I love all the different textures on old polyester fabrics. Seems now days most polyesters you can buy don't have much in the way of texture.


I also made this skirt with the idea of emulating a picture I found in one of my old Simplicity pattern counter catalogs. I had the striped shirt but all I needed was the skirt! I'm really pleased with the result and like the idea of pairing stripes with solids. Will need to make more solids in the future.


Happy sewing!
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. This colour set looks great on you. My favourite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Just found your blog and I'm loving it.

    PS your commenting section doesn't work for non-blogger users. Can you install disqus so that wordpress, typepad users etc can comment without having to create a google account (and typing in the hideous unreadable words of recaptcha)?

    http://theperfectnose.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! If you need the tights to go with it, they have them here:
    http://www.poppychildren.co.uk/womens-socks-and-tights-c54/womens-stripey-tights-mustard-blue-p349

    ReplyDelete